Our Keyworker System
The Keyworker system
At Chapel Hill we strongly value our parent partnerships, and recognise the importance of the relationship between a child and their family, with their key worker at nursery. For that reason, when joining our setting we try to make the transition from home to nursery as smooth as possible, by creating a sense of belonging so children are able to see our nursery as an extension of their home.
In order to build these relationships from the beginning we ask to visit your child at home prior to their first settling in session, and this visit will be arranged at a time convenient for you. During this visit both your key worker and either the nursery manager Lynsey or our deputy manager Catherine will attend and while your key worker is playing with and getting to know your child, Lynsey/Catherine will complete the setting in paperwork with you to help us build a picture of your child’s interests and needs, and their learning so far to provide us with some clear starting points for your little one.
We encourage families to keep in touch via our free Parentzone app where both nursery and at home learning can be shared via photos, videos and written observations. We encourage families to share their special events and/or join us at the nursery for our in-house monthly parent events.
At the nursery although our staff work as a team and so your child will be cared for by all our dedicated team, your child’s key worker is responsible for observing and monitoring your child’s learning journey. Our key workers have high aspirations for all of our children, and so use these observations to plan next steps for learning to help each child individually reach their full potential. This is will be shared with you in the following ways;
- verbally each day at handover
- With your consent, we share photos daily on our closed facebook page for parents only so you can see what else is going on in the nursery as well as reminders and notices
- Via our free online learning journey which you can access anytime through the parentzone app (paper versions are available as an alternative at any time)
- A meeting when your child turn two to complete you child’s Two Year Check
- Parents evening offered every 6 months to discuss your child’s progress